My ADD/OCD is in overdrive. I need pharmaceutical help. I doubt I'll get it, but I need it. So, I'll blog my distractions cum obsessions. (Beavis voice: I said cum. Heh heh. Heh heh.)
First, I've again been tagged on the 8 Things meme. The first time, I replied on MySpace. I totally ignored the other tags. Rude of me, I know. I have anti-social tendencies -- not to mention bitch tendencies -- and a maddeningly short attention span for fluffy stuff.
However, since I'm unable to focus on the WIP at the moment, I shall again share 8 things ... 8 ADD/OCD things. There my cooperation ends. I refuse to tag others. I'm a rebel. Deal. Here goes:
- If I get stuck on a song (see below), I tend to play it on loop for days at a time. (I told you I needed medication, didn't I?)
- If I get stuck on a food, I tend to eat it 3x/day for days at a time. (Are you seeing a pattern here?)
- If I find an article of clothing I really like, I have to have one in every color -- maybe even two. (Just for backup, y'know?)
- The collection of skin care products -- lotions, creams, oils -- in my bathroom could stock a Walgreens for several months.
- Let's not talk about sex toys in this context, but I'm sure you can guess.
- I go through at least one box of Ziploc bags every time I travel. Everything spillable must have it's own bag. Um, I'll also admit to occasionally even double bagging.
- My collection of blank journals is most impressive. I can't bring myself to write in them, though, 'cause if I made a stray mark, I'd have to start over. Blank, they're pure potential ... pristine and perfect.
- My random facts must have a theme. (There are DSM-IV diagnoses for me. That's plural: diagnoses.)
Next stop on the ADD/OCD train: I'm stuck on a song. It's looping on WMP & has been since about 6am. I love Natasha Bedingfield's voice, and there's one line of lyrics that just grabbed me and won't let go. I've got it on my MySpace profile, if you're interested in listening. Be the first to guess which line & I'll send you a signed copy of fine flickering hungers.
Moving on ...
I've been PaintShopping some of my poems -- the Hallmark-y ones. You can now buy me on postcards, greeting cards, and 11x17 posters. (See the latest on Implexity.) I have a burning desire to do more of these. It's quite *cough* distracting. However, most of my poetry is not well-suited, being fraught with more angst.
The whole graphic arts thing has me enchanted right now. (Notice the new blog banner/header up there?) The non-visually-stimulated part of my psyche is hovering between amused and annoyed.
Time for me to try to focus on the WIP. Have a fine flickering weekend, y'all.