Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Win, Place, and Show

The polls are closed on the Romance Erotica Connection Yahoo!Group, and I was pleased to discover that I'd done well in several of them. In particular:

My cover for Jude Mason's book, Jesse's Homecoming, won the "Lesbian (F/F) Romance & Erotica COVER OF THE YEAR".

I won "Editor of the year" (by one vote over the wonderful Mychael Black).

My art department at Phaze Books won "PUBLISHER Best Cover Artist Service" in a landslide! :)

And my publisher, Phaze Books, won the "PUBLISHER Best Customer Service" poll.

It would appear that the fiction awards went to those authors who worked their readership the hardest -- as is the way with most such polls. And, losing Cover Artist of the Year to Anne (not "Anna") Cain is like losing a swim race to Michael Phelps.

This takes a wee bit of the sting out of the fact that none of the Coming Together anthologies made the finals for the EPPIES this year. *sniff* I'm having a tough time summoning enthusiasm to even attend EPICon now. Hopefully the cover art awards will rekindle it.

peace & passion,

~ Alessia

No comments: