Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Romantic Times BookLovers Convention

Well, we're off to Orlando this morning... by car. We'll be stopping in Clemson, SC for an all-too-brief visit with dear friends and expect to roll into Orlando mid-afternoon on Wednesday. Google Maps says each leg of this trip is 8+ hours. Oh, joy! But, I fully intend to work on edits for Coming Together: Against the Odds while Will is taking his turns behind the wheel. I have my adorable little Eee loaded up & ready to go, lots of CDs packed, and plenty of energy drinks. I wish I could say I was "up" for the madness that is RT, but I'm just not. I'm not excited about my costumes AT ALL. Plus, I'm still annoyed at how the RT machine marginalizes ebooks & small press.

The ebook expo, for example, is Wednesday afternoon from 4:30 'til 6:30. Hardly "prime time." More like nap time. However, it is Earth Day and I will be celebrating the release of Coming Together: Al Fresco, an ebook exclusive from All Romance eBooks.

Also on the up side, I'm really looking forward to finally meeting Piers Anthony (especially since I both did the cover and edited his latest book with Phaze), seeing Robyn Carr & Barry Eisler again, and handing L.A. Banks her contributor copies of Coming Together: At Last.

Except for a couple of sessions, I'll be hanging out at the Phaze table in Club RT most of Thursday and Friday, and I am participating in the Saturday book fair (although I've no clue what -- or even if my -- books will be there for me to sign). Stop & say howdy if you're attending!

Alternatively, you can follow the festivities with the #RT09 hashtag on Twitter.

peace & passion,

~ Alessia

Bookmark and Share

No comments: