Thursday, January 18, 2007

An old review ...


fine flickering hungersI'm not sure what prompted me to follow up on an old review submission, but I'm glad I did. Apparently, the completed review never made it into the print edition of The MENSA Bulletin, but appeared online (where I didn't see it). Anyway, this is Tom Elliot's July 2006 review of fine flickering hungers:
FINE FLICKERING HUNGERS: An anthology of erotic short stories and poetry by Alessia Brio (2005, 147 pp., eBook; publ. Phaze, Cincinnati OH, www.Phaze,com, ISBN 1-59426-540-2). "A collection of 8 erotic short stories with accompanying poetry. Sexual scenarios vary from hetero- to mono- to homosexual to group, with the only common thread being that they seldom (if ever) take place in a bed…The fantasies swirling around in my head reached critical mass. I had to set them free to make room for more. I write to make people feel good about themselves, about their sexuality, and about their passions. Call it ‘erotic altruism’" Definitely a book for bedtime reading, offering an imaginative romp stretching from "Boiling Point" and "Surrogate Sin" to "Topping Love", "Wetter Has Never Been Better", and "Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun: Learning to Love Halloween". Something for everyone, and literately and lushly written besides. Hot, hot, hot - don’t say I didn’t warn ya.


2007 EPPIE Finalist, Erotica

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Jolie