Saturday, May 19, 2007

"Time Warp" gets the WHOLE bottle!

Time Warp, by Alessia Brio

Wilga Hill Boomerang of Cocktail Reviews gave my Phaze Fury the highest possible rating! Check it out:
This review isn’t going to give much away about the plot as it will spoil it for readers. I will admit, when I began to read Time Warp, finding out that Alex is married to Dan, that they were about to celebrate their first wedding anniversary, I winced just a little bit at picking a book to read that seemed too peachy, too ‘Alex’s world is wonderful’ for my current mood. It then becomes apparent that things aren’t so ‘cute’.

Scene one: Time Warp begins with Alex making preparations for her first wedding anniversary. All seems wonderful, peachy…

Scene Two: Same scene start, subtle differences. I liked those. Third anniversary, not first. And the small things that creep into a relationship once it begins to age are shown well here.

And then the shocker…

Littered with lines from the song The Time Warp, which, I might add, lends an incredibly creepy/Alex is whacko feel to the whole story, I could NOT put this book down.

Favourite line that had me laughing along with Alex in an insane manner, my eyes narrowed with the excitement and spite of retribution as if I myself were Alex: She chuckled and sang, “That really drives you insa-a-a-a-a-ane.”

I will say no more, except that if you like revenge stories, this is the one for you. If you want to see a deranged woman in action, doing everything you wished you could do to your ex partner, read this.

It makes you feel as if you’ve actually done it. Most satisfying.

Big smile.

No comments: