Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Barn Burner Magazine Interview


When did you first begin writing erotic fiction?

In the fall of 2003. Yup, that recently. Hard to believe that I’ve come (no pun intended) so far, so fast! I figure if I’m gonna expend the energy to do it, I might as well take it to the wall. Kinda my attitude about sex, too! *grin*

Does anyone close to you know that you write erotica? If so, what was their reaction?

Yeah. My bestest buddy knows, and she’s been instrumental in encouraging me to keep writing. (I think she likes it, y’know? REALLY likes it, if you catch my drift. *wink*)

My writing partner, Will Belegon, knows (of course) … and I think it’s safe to say that he is behind me all the way.

A few others in my life know I am an author, but they’ve not read my work. I’m sure they’re quite curious. They’re gonna have to stay that way, though, since I’ve no intention of exposing my young children to the provincial attitudes they’d undoubtedly face if it became known that their mama writes about some seriously uninhibited sex.

Has writing erotica affected your professional life?

Writing erotica IS my professional life. My other energies are focused on parenting and volunteer advocacy activities, with random paid gigs for web site development, conference presentations, and *ahem* “motivational” speaking.

What do you feel is the difference between erotica and romance?

Sex, of course. The traditional romance community, I believe, often turns up its nose at erotica – as if it’s the black sheep in the family – but I think that attitude is probably rooted in fear. Romance is nice, yes. Warm fuzzies and happily-ever-afters are nice. But, let’s face it, erotica is wildly popular because sex is wildly popular (and with damned good reason).

Have you written erotica based on your real life experiences?

Ah, the inevitable “autobiographical” question. *snicker* I’ll leave it up to the readers to decide whether or not I have an intimate knowledge of what I write. M’kay?

I will confess, however, that my story about being tongue fucked by ghouls is 100% true. *wink*

How has writing erotica affected your sex life?

Gettin’ warm in here! I’ll simply respond “for the better” and leave it at that, if you don’t mind.

Lastly, here are my shameless plugs …

Fans, potential fans, and cyber stalkers can stay on top of me … I mean, keep abreast … I mean, bone up … I mean … Oh, hell. They can just visit my blog at http://alessiabrio.blogspot.com for the latest news.

Thanks, Brent! It’s been fun. *kiss*

No comments: